POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Wanted: Clouds : Re: Wanted: Clouds Server Time
7 Aug 2024 05:16:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Wanted: Clouds
From: Ben Chambers
Date: 22 May 2006 13:13:16
Message: <4471f12c@news.povray.org>
Sven Littkowski wrote:
> Who can help?

God can (after all, He does raytracing in real time ;) ).

(Oh boy, now I *know* I've been reading these newsgroups too long).

Seriously, what you're asking is something that people have been trying
to accomplish for years.  Anyway, I'd suggest adding some noise to a
sphere function and using an isosurface for the planet itself, and
encase it in a media object for the atmosphere.  I couldn't say about
the specific settings, though.

...Chambers